- 1978-12-16 - Chicago, Illinois *recommended*
- Chicago, IL - Barkndog Remaster
- Chicago, IL - Rick B *recommended*
- Fallen Trees (original version)
- Fallen Trees PE
- Fallen Trees Version 2.0
- High Occupancy Vehicle
- Master Recording *recommended*
01 - Anthem
02 - A Passage To Bangkok
03 - By-Tor And The Snow Dog
04 - Xanadu
05 - Something For Nothing
06 - The Trees (cut)
07 - Cygnus X-1 (cut)
08 - Hemispheres
09 - Closer To The Heart
10 - Circumstances
11 - A Farewell To Kings
12 - La Villa Strangiato
13 - 2112
14 - Working Man
15 - Bastille Day
16 - In The Mood
17 - Drum Solo
- This is the third of three consecutive nights that Rush performed at Chicago's International Amphitheatre in 1978.
- Geddy's voice cracks badly during A Passage To Bangkok, undoubtedly the worst vocal crack I've ever heard from him up to now, but the timing of it yields quite an amusing result.
- Nearly all of The Trees is missing due to the tape stopping, and starts recording again about half way into Cygnus X-1, which was performed right after The Trees.
- Despite the unfortunate cuts in the recording and a few performance oddities, this is an excellent audience recording, making it one among several of the best of the Hemispheres tour.
- In the words of Rick B, the original taper:
"I had a 90 minute tape and a 60 minute tape. Right before the show started I inserted the 60 minute tape by mistake because I was looking for security. I was watching my watch for 40 minutes to go by before the flip. When I looked down to the recorder the end eye was lit up. That's when I noticed I put in the 60 tape first. My stomach dropped when I realized I had missed about 10 minutes of the show hence the cut song of Trees. From there on out I used only 90 minute tapes."